The beaches of Southampton have breathtaking views and a number of unbeatable amenities. Cooper's Beach is a semi-private beach, open in summer months that is protected by a life guard. It has designated areas for surfing and launching power boats. Certain activities are not allowed, like camping and tents, consuming alcohol, nudity and having unleashed pets, making Cooper's Beach an ideal location for calm and quiet beach lovers. Flying Point Beach has plenty of white sand and sunlight. People here love to swim, and the beach is host to local parties as well as community and charity-oriented events. Though the neighboring area is filled with luxury homes and high lifestyles, Flying Point Beach has its own natural splendor. Ponquogue Beach is a family beach. It is bustling with friendly faces, and fully equipped with volleyball nets, picnic tables and concession stands. It is also protected by lifeguards. Shinnecock is Southhampton's hidden gem. It has great sunlight all year, and provides for off-road riding, saltwater fishing, and RV camping. It is a popular area for campers, and it features incredible views of its clean beaches and amazing sunsets. Another popular activity at Shinnecock Beach is fishing in hidden inlets or charismatic locales along the bay.
This page provides information about beaches located in the Town of Southampton. Some of these locations are Town-Run Beaches, while others are NYS Parks - please be sure to check each listing for details before visiting hitting the waves!
Town of Southampton Beaches located on Long Island, New York
- Cooper's Beach - Southampton, NY
- Cupsogue Beach County Park - Westhampton, NY
- Flying Point Beach - Water Mill, NY
- Foster Memorial Beach - Sag Harbor, NY
- Meschutt Beach County Park - Hampton Bays, NY
- Pikes Beach - West Hampton Beach, NY
- Ponquogue Beach - Hampton Bays, NY
- Sagg Main Beach - Sagaponack, NY
- Shadmoor State Park - Montauk, NY
- Shinnecock East County Park - Southampton, NY
- Theodore Roosevelt County Park - Montauk, NY
- Two Mile Hollow Beach - Amagansett, NY